Welcome to the Planning Department for the City of Milwaukie.
Get involved in things happening in the City! This website is designed to help you find what you need to do just that.
Learn about development proposals in your neighborhood, find out what’s going on at the Planning Commission, hear the latest on planning for the future, and understand how we are working to make the City's regulations better.
Our department works as a team toward a more sustainable, livable community by guiding the City’s built and natural environments to promote a better quality of life for all residents. We work with the City Council, Planning Commission, Design and Landmarks Committee, neighborhood district associations, the private and nonprofit sectors, and government partners to help the city achieve its vision and to best manage desired change and change that otherwise presents opportunities and challenges to the community. We hope you find the information on these pages useful, and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
- Milwaukie Planning Department
What We Do
The five Planning Department staff balance projects that fall into four distinct categories:
1) Current Planning - fulfilling the City’s development review and permitting responsibilities
2) Regulation Improvements - developing and implementing large and small code and policy changes
3) Long-range planning projects - to plan for how the community will evolve and get better over time
4) Community Development - supporting the Community Development Director to develop and implement projects of community and regional significance.
For specific information about our hours and other aspects of our work, please check the Planning FAQs page.