Milwaukie Finance - Utility Assistance Program
The City of Milwaukie offers residential customers a Utility Assistance Program which provides a reduced monthly charge for Water, Sewer, Storm, and Street utility charges. The reduced rates are:
• A waiver of the established base charge for water service
• One half of the established billing and administration charge, treatment charge, and volume charge for wastewater (sewer)
• One half of the established base charge and volume charge for stormwater charges
• A waiver of the street maintenance fee
To qualify for the reduced rate utility program each of the following conditions must be met:
1. The applicant must be a residential utility customer of the City of Milwaukie.
2. The property must be served by one or more of the following services by the City of Milwaukie: water, wastewater, storm-water, or street maintenance.
3. The property served must be occupied and used by the applicant as his or her principal residence during the period for which a reduced rate is applied.
4. The applicant must not be delinquent in any payment owed to the City of Milwaukie including utilities, local improvement district assessments, Milwaukie Municipal Court fines or Library fines.
5. The applicant must not exceed the current gross annual household income levels established by the Housing Authority of Clackamas County as that income level qualifying for Section 8 Housing Assistance***.
6. The applicant must make written application on the form provided by the City and must provide all the documentation requested in the application including a copy of prior year’s Federal income tax return or other supporting income document (i.e., Social Security statements, unemployment statements, etc.). Confidential information such as social security numbers may be redacted by the applicant.
Rate reductions are based on complete billing months and commence on the first bill after the application is approved by the Finance Department. Billings will not be prorated for partial month eligibility. An approved application will remain in effect until the applicant no longer meets the stated qualifications. Re-qualification for the program is required every May after initial qualification.
The Finance Department will notify applicants whose application is denied in writing. An appeal may be addressed in writing to the City Council within ten days from the date of receipt of the notice specifying the grounds for denial.
One Person Living Alone $24,300/yr or $2,025.00/mo
Two People in One Residence $27,800/yr or $2,317.00/mo
Three persons in One Residence $31,250/yr or $2,604.00/mo
Four persons in One Residence $34,700/yr or $2,892.00/mo
If more than four People, click here.
*** Income Limits are adjusted annually to equal the amount designated by the Housing Authority of Clackamas County for Section 8 Housing Assistance. These amounts are effective 12/18/2012.